help with small problems

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Bulow
Knows everything, can prove it

help with small problems

Post by Bulow »

I have just finished a manuscript submitted for web-publication - something I often do and I always use Mellel > pdf. Most of what I get is of course in docx nowadays, and I had hoped that Mellel 4 would permit direct import, but no, I still have to pass through Nisus or Open Office or the like to transform the text to rtf. Otherwise I loose the footnotes. Well, it works, but direct import would be so nice.
The manuscript in question was more than normally awkwardly formatted. E.g. ‘end of paragraph’ was done with ‘line-break’ and then filling the rest of the line with spaces(!!), but I did not find a ‘find&replace’ which permitted global replacement of ‘line-break’ with ¶ (return). Also a fair amount of Greek had been copied from a database and included the links, so all Greek was blue and underlined. Is there a way of get­ting rid of this? In the end I had to re-write all the Greek. If I chose the option (insert> hyperlink) ‘Not’ to show as a link, all the line breaks disappeared, which was unacceptable in a poetic text. Is there a better way to unlink?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Icelander

Re: help with small problems

Post by Icelander »

I did not find a ‘find&replace’ which permitted global replacement of ‘line-break’ with ¶ (return).
Can't you insert "Line break" from the Insert menu > Breaks > Line break into the Find box and Return (also from the Insert menu) into the Replace box?
Also a fair amount of Greek had been copied from a database and included the links, so all Greek was blue and underlined. Is there a way of get­ting rid of this?

If it appears as a blue hyperlink, then right-click on the link with your mouse and choose "Remove Hyperlink".

Did this solve the problem?
Bulow

Re: help with small problems

Post by Bulow »

Yes, thank you. I completely ignored the right (ctrl) click option. Then I only have to remove the underline.
As for the Find&Replace of 'return' I was looking in the wrong place. Thank you very much.