Mellel, Sente and High Sierra

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Stefan Green
Already downloaded the guide

Mellel, Sente and High Sierra

Post by Stefan Green »

Hello

Since I have upgraded to High Sierra, the connection between Mellel (4.01) and reference manager Sente seems to be interrupted. I cannot anymore verify citations and scan document. Mellel 4 worked ok with Sente before I upgraded, so now I am wondering if anyone here on this forum who still use Sente, are experiencing the same problem and if there is any solution.
/Stefan Green 8)
Stefan Green

Re: Mellel, Sente and High Sierra

Post by Stefan Green »

I see now in this forum others who have the same problem with Bookends. Looking forward to a solution soon, as I am using Sente and its no idea to convert to Bookends if it is the same problem.
Last edited by Stefan Green on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Stefan Green 8)
dan3213
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by dan3213 »

It certainly seems like the same problem. With bookends I can’t get it to scan on High Sierra or Sierra so I suspect the operating system isn’t the issue.
Stefan Green

Post by Stefan Green »

I upgraded to Mellel 4.0.1 before upgrading to High Sierra. But yes, the problem could be the latest Mellel version in my case as well, as I did not detect it until both software were upgraded. So I cannot say which one is causing it, only that I need a solution rather soon. I use Mellel and Sente daily.
/Stefan Green 8)
DavidH
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by DavidH »

Encountered what seems like the same problem in Bookends. Mellel 4 and older versions of Mellel are distinct applications, so Sente may currently be paired with "Mellel" instead of "Mellel 4". Change your chosen Word Processor in Sente to Mellel 4, restart both Sente and Mellel 4, and see if that helps. (If it doesn't, you've probably still got a working copy of the old Mellel to fall back on, since the Mellel 4 installer doesn't remove it.)
Stefan Green

Post by Stefan Green »

Thank you for your tip, I checked it out.

However, I found out that Sente is using plugins, so I cannot choose Mellel 4 on my computer like in Bookends. If no solution comes up soon, I hope to reverse to Mellel 4.0 which worked with Sente as it should.
/Stefan Green 8)
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Post by Eyal Redler »

I believe this issue should be fixed with the just released Mellel 4.0.2. Choose Mellel->Check for updates to update your Mellel.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
Stefan Green

Post by Stefan Green »

So far, so good. Great and fast fix! :D
/Stefan Green 8)