From Sente to Bookends

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Manu31
Read the guide!

From Sente to Bookends

Post by Manu31 »

Hi everyone,

I realized this evening that Sente bibliographic software went offline. I checked their website and it's now closed.
I hoped that the manuscript I'm working on would be completed before they go out of business but, alas, it won't be the case.
But this manuscript is only one of the many files I have that use Sente citations, which are now outdated (or will be when the Sente software won't work anymore).

My question is: would there be a way to make the transition in a Mellel file from Sente to Bookends? Both are supported by Mellel.
Book citations in Mellel are formatted in a certain way by Sente, in another way by Bookends.
The brutal method would be to replace manually each reference by Bookends reference.
Would there be a more automated way to do this?

Thanks for your advice.
Manu
joseph_anton
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: From Sente to Bookends

Post by joseph_anton »

Hi Manu - maybe all is not lost, the Sente 6 website still loads for me today: http://www.thirdstreetsoftware.com/site ... orMac.html
Manu31
Read the guide!

Post by Manu31 »

Thanks Joseph, you're right, the website is back. But yesterday, the home page was blank with a big : "We're closed".
However, their cloud service for syncing has been offline (at least for me) since yesterday. Not a good omen…

Manu
joseph_anton

Post by joseph_anton »

Sorry to hear this. Hopefully you will at least be able to export your existing bibliography from Sente and import it into Bookends.
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

Should you still need it, there are some questions about this subject in the Bookends forum (one: https://www.sonnysoftware.com/phpBB3/vi ... ilit=sente)
Manu31
Read the guide!

Post by Manu31 »

thanks a lot ealvarez.
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

You're welcome : )