Merging and Extracting Files

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Stotty
Got the styles thing figured out

Merging and Extracting Files

Post by Stotty »

1) Is it possible to merge different documents together to make one long document?

and

2) Is it possible to extract a single page (or couples of pages) from a long document and export it as a PDF?

From some old forum posts (dated 2014) I have found I am assuming no, but just want to double check in case such features are now available.
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Merging and Extracting Files

Post by macsailor »

As far as I can tell, neither of these functions are available in Mellel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Stotty
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Stotty »

macsailor wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:15 pm As far as I can tell, neither of these functions are available in Mellel. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, I can't find these functions if they are there. The only way as far as I can see is to cut and paste pages from other separate documents and place them into my long document...and the reverse when extracting a page from my long document to make a one-page document.

It's not a big deal. Cut and Paste works okay.

With Adobe PDF you can merge documents and reorder them as your like to form a book....handy.
ealvarez
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ealvarez »

Stotty wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:16 pm 1) Is it possible to merge different documents together to make one long document?

and

2) Is it possible to extract a single page (or couples of pages) from a long document and export it as a PDF?
1) Don't think so. Look for Scrivener for this : )

2) Print -> Select page range -> Save as PDF