Block quotes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

lahuizenga
Got the auto-title mojo working

Block quotes

Post by lahuizenga »

Did block quotes disappear from the paragraph style menu? I simply can't find it anywhere, nor in the Mellel guide.
lahuizenga

Re: Block quotes

Post by lahuizenga »

Sure enough, when I look at an old mellel file for a book I wrote, I find Block Quote in the paragraph styles list, but in my newer documents it's not there. Anyone help?
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Icelander »

lahuizenga wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:45 pm Did block quotes disappear from the paragraph style menu?
The paragraph style menu is not static. Which paragraph styles appear in the menu depends on the document you are in, or perhaps more specifically, the template on which the document is based.

For example, if you add some special paragraph style to a template A, you will see that style in all documents that are based on template A, but you won't see it in documents that are based on template B.

I checked the templates that came with Mellel, and there is no paragraph style there with the name Block Quotes. However, I found paragraph styles with this name in templates that I created myself long time ago. My assumption is therefore that it was you yourself that created a style with this name in one of your documents or templates.

If you want to have a direct access to this style, then reproduce it in your favorite template.
lahuizenga

Post by lahuizenga »

Thanks--I can't imagine being enough of a power uses 7 years ago to have done that, but OK...I'll take it from here. Thanks.