Suppressing page number on second page

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

joseph_anton
Knows everything, can prove it

Suppressing page number on second page

Post by joseph_anton »

I wonder is there any way to suppress page numbers on the second as well as the first page of a section? I'm using a style guide that specifies that both the title page and the copyright page should be counted as p. i and p. ii but that the page number should not be printed on them (it begins, obviously, at p. iii).
Icelander

Re: Suppressing page number on second page

Post by Icelander »

joseph_anton wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 am I wonder is there any way to suppress page numbers on the second as well as the first page of a section?
Well yes, if you remove the footer in the Page palette –> Attributes. But you need to enter a Page style break after the second page in order to get a new footer for the remaining pages.

You could also just color the second page number white. That will practically make it invisible, while allowing you to keep the footer (for the first section.) In that case you wouldn't even have to enter the first Page style break until after the Introduction, and by that I mean the part with the numbering scheme i, ii, iii, iv …
I'm using a style guide that specifies that both the title page and the copyright page should be counted as p. i and p. ii but that the page number should not be printed on them (it begins, obviously, at p. iii).
What style guide are you using?
joseph_anton

Re: Suppressing page number on second page

Post by joseph_anton »

Icelander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am You could also just color the second page number white.
Brilliant! That's an elegant solution that doesn't involve creating new page styles, which is what I wanted to avoid.
Icelander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am What style guide are you using?
My university's guidelines for formatting doctoral dissertations.