Auto Title maintains paragraph attributes after Return

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

markjulie
Got the auto-title mojo working

Auto Title maintains paragraph attributes after Return

Post by markjulie »

I have Auto Title setup at Level 2 and Second-Level Heading paragraph style with 24 pt above and 18 pt below. Associated character style: Subheading and Next paragraph style: Body. Level 2 title flow is 'Curr# . Title Tab LineBreak'.

I expect my next line after the Auto Title to revert to Body paragraph attributes, but they maintain the Auto Title attributes. I can manually force the change, but that is taking a long time with dozens of chapters. What small point am I overlooking in my formatting of styles?

Mark
ealvarez
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Auto Title maintains paragraph attributes after Return

Post by ealvarez »

I did some tests and all I can see is to press the space bar (once) before Return. If you are “glued” to the auto-title before pressing Return, it will keep the formatting.
Icelander
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Auto Title maintains paragraph attributes after Return

Post by Icelander »

markjulie wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm What small point am I overlooking in my formatting of styles?
It's the LineBreak. Remove Tab LineBreak from the Auto Title, and the next line will then revert to Body paragraph.
I don't understand why you are putting Tab LineBreak into the Auto Title. What's the purpose of that?