Table Styles?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Table Styles?

Post by laup »

Unless I have missed it, Mellel does not have personalized Table Styles. It would be convenient if one could define table styles and insert them. As a crude substitute, I have created a separate file with tables having 2, 3, and 4 columns, with the cells all in the desired text format and with my preferred styling of borders. That is better than nothing, but it would seem easy enough to have the built-in capacity for table styling. Or, at least, to be able to click a button "Set as default" after manually styling a table and then have new inserted tables adopt that style intelligently, by which I mean that it would extrapolate the logic to more or fewer rows and columns than that original table. There have bee so many improvements in Mellel that I worry about missing the memo that explains that this is already possible. ??
Paul
ealvarez

Re: Table Styles?

Post by ealvarez »

From the december Newsletter:
Quo Vadis Mellel 4.2?
Mellel 4.2 is getting closer... with some really great stuff.

For those of you who did not follow closely, the big deal with Mellel 4.2 will be the all new Tables feature — which will jump several light years ahead.

The revised tables will support, amongst other things, table styles, repeating headers, numerically setting columns and rows width and height, easy dragging of tables as objects, proportional resizing of cells (when you change its size), outer padding (that is, the padding outside the cell), corner radius, headers and footers, leading and trailing columns, and much else.

In other words, it's going to be grand, wow and wonderful.

(...)

With Mellel 4.2, table styles will be part of you style set, which means that tables you've designed and saved as styles will be available to apply not only with that document, but with any other document that will use that style set. To further refine this, you'll be able to create multiple templates to use with that style. For example, if you are using the same basic stylistic setup with all tables, but needs some tables to be more rows or columns, different header, footer, lead column or trail column that have a specific content — you can have all that through using different templates.
: )
laup

Re: Table Styles?

Post by laup »

Great thanks
Paul