Mellel + ePub - your thoughts and requests

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ealvarez
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Mellel + ePub - your thoughts and requests

Post by ealvarez »

I like Mellel on iOs. Very useful companion. I'll probably won't subscribe to a new business model for it.
ymeroz
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by ymeroz »

I, too, vote for prioritizing complete and reliable Word export over ePub. It's something that's been discussed here and requested for years, and the motivation for it is clear, since Word is the de-facto standard exchange format, used in publication submission and also for importing into page editing programs (like InDesign or Quark). My top wish would be exporting styles (though I know it's not an easy problem).
alfredomori
New to all this

Post by alfredomori »

Vellum is the go to software for epub creation. In fact Vellum is the software for self publishing, book creation and book printing. Vellum sets the standard for intuitive reliable and aesthetically pleasing digital and print book creation.
I will write books in Mellel and transfer to Vellum: handles references well, most images, and that is improving, though currently lacking in tables (unless saved as figures).
I would suggest the good people at Mellel have a look at Vellum. And, yes its expensive: once you decide to generate books and purchase it full price, but the alternative is more time (which is money) and so more expense and frustration.