Page break before auto-title

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Amontillado
Knows everything, can prove it

Page break before auto-title

Post by Amontillado »

The new version of Mellel is awesome.

I think I'm doing something wrong. When I set an auto-title to insert a page break before the title, I don't get a page break.

Any suggestions on where I should look?

Thanks in advance!
laup

Re: Page break before auto-title

Post by laup »

I edited the Auto-title stream (pencil) and, in my style for Chapter title (H1), I selected "Page break" in the menu for "Insert Before", which is one of title-flow attributes close to the top of the auto-title editing window. Did you do something different? Mine is working fine in Mellel 5. I just checked.
Paul
Amontillado

Re: Page break before auto-title

Post by Amontillado »

Thanks for your help, Laup. I was pretty sure things would become apparent with some confirmation from others. Sure enough, they did.

I believe I must have been fooling myself with the difference between my new "Novel" auto-title flow and "Novel (modified)."

All is well, and my chapters get an automatic page break. Everything is working. I have a template that has Roman numeral page numbers in the front matter, and then starts with Arabic one on the first page of the work. The difference between a page break and a page style break, paraphrasing Twain, is like the difference between the right word and one that's almost right.

I hate to admit to being such a wuss, but I have to confess I always stumbled on the document/diamond versus global style sets. Mellel 5 seems easier, plus I got some mental housekeeping done.

I look forward to great utility from Mellel. One should strive to write with power whether with advanced software or foolscap and pencil. Advanced software makes it a lot more fun, though.

I even bought a copy of Bookends. Perhaps this weekend I'll get familiar with it so my citations will have a more formal look.