Referencing auto-titles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kmunoz
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by kmunoz »

In addition to auto-title cross-referencing, I'd like to see page cross-referencing... although I'm not sure exactly how that would work.

Perhaps a new non-flowing auto-title type would do it... one that is invisible where you place it but captures the page number so that when you cross-reference it elsewhere, you get the page number instead of a title.

The problem there is that you can't tag text on multiple pages (i.e., "see pp. 10-14"). The ideal solution would be one in which I could select a segment of text that I want to cross-reference, "hit a button" (or menu item, key combo, etc.) and have Mellel give me a tag number for that segment. Perhaps even show a (hideable) bracket along the margin, indicating the extent of the tagged segment.

Currently, I am using numbered auto-titles with a really deep flow, so that I can cross-reference small sections of text with a certain amount of precision. I would prefer to be able to remove the numbering scheme and just leave the titles, but I can't do that until I can stop using auto-title numbers for my manual cross-references.