Spotlight Searches and Mellel 2.1

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jzents
Read the guide, knows everything

Re: plugin doesn't work

Post by jzents »

verma wrote:
jzents wrote: I am running 10.4.7 and I have no trouble with .doc .xls or .Mellel. I did once and I found a extraneous folder inside the Spotlight folder. I deleted it and everything now works fine with the Mellel importer 1.6.5. Cheers!

Do you happen to remember which folder it was?

I have:

mellel.mdimporter
SourceCode.mdimporter
a folder called "Contents" - inside there's something about MailTags
MicrosoftOffice.mdimporter
Keynote.mdimporter
AppleWorks.mdimporter
Pages.mdimporter

all are located in /Library/Spotlight.

Thanks.

UPDATE POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR SPOTLIGHT PROBLEMS?

I've thrown out the "Contents" folder related to MailTags (a mail plugin) that was sitting in my root /Library/Spotlight folder; and I've chucked out the mailtag.mdimporter in the Users/me/Library/Spotlight folder as well.

I can proudly say: the Mellel Spotlight mdimporter works again (so far I've checked only with one folder).

Word's Spotlight indexing is also restored and functions normally.

For all users with problems: could you see if there's a CONTENTS folder inside the root /Library/Spotlight folder - remove it (or drag it to your desktop) and for a test: create a new document and then try to spotlight-find content.

Thanks for the original suggestion! It helped loads.
Yes, now that you remind me of the details, I also run Mailtags and it was a folder that was associated with that program. Sorry I did not remember that. I do not think you need to chuck the mailtag importer in your Spotlight folder, I did not need to remove it. Cheers!
nigel
Already downloaded the guide

mailtags is not the problem

Post by nigel »

jzents wrote:I've thrown out the "Contents" folder related to MailTags (a mail plugin) that was sitting in my root /Library/Spotlight folder; and I've chucked out the mailtag.mdimporter in the Users/me/Library/Spotlight folder as well..
Mailtags is not the source of the problem. I do not and have never had one in the /Library/Spotlight folder. Nevertheless, the Mellel spotlight does not work.

Thanks,
Nigel
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: mailtags is not the problem

Post by verma »

nigel wrote:
jzents wrote:I've thrown out the "Contents" folder related to MailTags (a mail plugin) that was sitting in my root /Library/Spotlight folder; and I've chucked out the mailtag.mdimporter in the Users/me/Library/Spotlight folder as well..
Mailtags is not the source of the problem. I do not and have never had one in the /Library/Spotlight folder. Nevertheless, the Mellel spotlight does not work.

Thanks,
Nigel
I just sent you a PM message.