Switching between various documents in Full Screen

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

D'Espice
Read the guide!

Post by D'Espice »

I find the fact that Mellel quits full screen once you switch to another application (hitting CMD-Tab for example) quite disturbing. I tend to keep a dictionary open for example, and as much as I love full screen I want to be able to quickly switch to my dictionary, look up a word, then switch back to my word processor and continue writing - without having to tell Mellel to go full screen again. I do that every day on my Windows laptop using Darkroom, works like a charm.
D'Espice no function beer well without
eleuteruiz
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by eleuteruiz »

D'Espice wrote:I find the fact that Mellel quits full screen once you switch to another application (hitting CMD-Tab for example) quite disturbing.
I have the same problem, since I work with several programs at the same time (Accordance for biblical text, Bookends for citations, dictionaries...). So I end up not using full screen at all.
Maria wrote:full screen in my opinion is made for concentrating on just one text.
It can be useful also when you have a small monitor, to have a larger amount of text visible (if you have to draw a table, or you want to control the flow of a text that has been corrected in several points, etc.).
I think that the extensible full screen view (if that is the name) wouldn't disturb anybody (you can always exit it with Esc) and could help more people to profit this feature.
Eleuterio
Nick Sloan
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Nick Sloan »

I agree with others in this thread that Mellel should not automatically leave full screen when switching apps.
If you are concentrating on a text in full screen, and a reminder pops up from iCal or some other app, it is irritating to have to manually take Mellel back into full screen after dismissing the reminder.
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

I think that the extensible full screen view (if that is the name) wouldn't disturb anybody (you can always exit it with Esc) and could help more people to profit this feature.
Agreed. It would be good to be able to toggle the outline pane and the palettes (separately) in full-screen mode. On my 12" screen there isn't room for them all with a decent zoom set for the text in normal mode. There would be in full-screen mode.
I like the extra space in full-screen mode and the lack of distractions -- the menu-bar time, the Mail icon in the dock telling me there's new mail, etc -- but I miss various palette features, particularly the word-count and the ability to enter a citation by clicking on it in the bibliography pane.