keep pagination number in sync?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kurisu
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by kurisu »

thanks maria for the reply. you got it right, kurisu's chris in japs.

actually, i want mellel to ignore my figure page, e.g. P.1-P.5 are the main text of thesis, insert a page with no page no. for figure and starts from P.6 again with the main text. does that make sense? i think maybe people out there could better approach than mine coz i need to always adjust the page number manually (in this case, adjust it to p.6 after insert a figure page with no page no.)

thanks in advance,
chris
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

let's say i have 5-page text and mellel would of course does a great job to number the pages from 1 to 5. then if i insert a figure (uni requirement needs figure to be on separate page with no pagination), it would become p.6, wouldn't it? so the next page with text would start from p.7 instead of p.6. so i just wonder how people use multiple page style and yet still able to keep the pagination in sync with respect to the according style.

i hope this make sense to everyone.

cheers,
chris
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

Chris-san
1. select arabic style, type main text
2. "insert" --> "breaks" --> "page style break" and then select no pagination style for figure page
3. "insert" --> "breaks" --> "page style break" and then select arabic style (NB. the page starts from 1 again, so need to manually change it to according page number everytime when i insert figures)
I think this is the right way to do it. If you don't want this hassle and need to keep the unnumbered pages in the same Mellel file as the numbered ones, why not put them all at the end of the file and interleave them manually after printing?
kurisu

Post by kurisu »

good idea~ thanks for that, nicka!