2.1 bug?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

grebmar
Already downloaded the guide

2.1 bug?

Post by grebmar »

I am slowly converting Word files to Mellel, but since I've installed 2.1, Mellel no longer imports .doc files. I get an error window that says (approximately) that the file "cannot be imported because of the following error: no error."

Anybody else have this problem?
joewiz
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by joewiz »

Word importing works for me, and no such errors, in 2.1.1, at least. I didn't try it in 2.1.
ecbrown
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by ecbrown »

Dear joewhiz,

If you would like, you can email me the file and I can see if I have the same problem

Eric

eric.c.brown@mac.com
rwg

Post by rwg »

I have encountered the same error message and have just about given up trying to open .doc files in Mellel.

Rolf

P.S. Has anyone else found that since around the time of the release of 2.1 the Mellel forum has become very slow in loading?
D'Espice
Read the guide!

Post by D'Espice »

Just tried importing several Word documents with 2.1.1 - works fine.
D'Espice no function beer well without
grebmar

Post by grebmar »

Now it looks like a bug on my office computer. My laptop at home loaded .doc files fine with 2.1.1, a new install of 2.1.1 on my office computer still has the same problem. It looks like I'm stuck with converting everything to RTF to convert. :(
Stephen Still

Post by Stephen Still »

grebmar wrote:It looks like I'm stuck with converting everything to RTF to convert. :(
Is that a bad thing? RTF import/export was always much better anyway.
alexwein
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by alexwein »

rwg wrote:P.S. Has anyone else found that since around the time of the release of 2.1 the Mellel forum has become very slow in loading?
I have not noticed any slowdown at all. Nor do I have any problems opening Word .docs. Using 2.1.1 also.
Eyal Redler
Co-founder

Re: 2.1 bug?

Post by Eyal Redler »

grebmar wrote:I am slowly converting Word files to Mellel, but since I've installed 2.1, Mellel no longer imports .doc files. I get an error window that says (approximately) that the file "cannot be imported because of the following error: no error."
Anybody else have this problem?
It sounds as if Mellel doesn't recognize these files as word files. Could it be that they are missing the .doc extension? If so, add it and see if it helps.
Eyal Redler
----------------------
Co-Founder and Owner at Mellel
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mellelwordprocessor
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MellelRedlex
Donate: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_b ... 2LWB33YBZW
grebmar

Post by grebmar »

Adding .doc does work. Thank you. Such a simple solution, although many files now need the .doc extension!
Prion
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Prion »

grebmar,

if you know which ones you want to rename, this is an easy task for the Automator if you are running Tiger (10.4). There is an example movie on the apple website highlighting the many uses of Automator which explains the necessary steps. It's a few clicks only, really, just been through this myself.

Prion