Older versions of Mellel

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

fitzgunnar
Already downloaded the guide

Older versions of Mellel

Post by fitzgunnar »

I am having major problems with Mellel 2.1.1. Is there a way to get hold of an older version (say, 2.1)?

/MagnusG!
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

Normally there shouldn’t be a problem with 2.1.1. Could you give an example?

You could try to delete (backup first) the additional files that are created when you open Mellel the first time. If you delete them, Mellel does behave like it was installed freshly on your machine. This could sometimes solve a problem.
To delete those files, you should quit Mellel, then open a Finder window, select your Home folder (the one with the little house icon) and go into the Library folder you’ll find there. Inside this library folder, delete the following things (but make a copy first on your desktop or another drive in case those files aren’t the root of your problems)
YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Mellel (the whole Mellel folder inside your home Library)
YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.redlex.mellel.plist (the preferences file).

After having done this, you have to enter your serial number and enter the preferences again. Also the style sets, your learned spellings and auto-title setups you’ve created will be gone. You could copy them back (from your backup) to the Library/Application Support/Mellel folder, if you need them after you’ve checked if your Problems still exist.

If you really need an older version, I could upload one for you.
fitzgunnar

Post by fitzgunnar »

I describe my problem in this thread

http://forum.redlers.com/viewtopic.php?t=600

I am currently making the last changes to my dissertation, and I do not want to discover that every other formatting change cannot be saved. I do not know if older versions of Mellel will help, but it is worth a try.

Sigh. This must be XML-related. I miss 2.0. :-(

/MagnusG!
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

You could download Mellel 2.0.8 (build 3) which is the latest non XML version of Mellel via this link (18.7 MB)
Mellel 2.0.8
If you need any older version, let me know.
fitzgunnar

Post by fitzgunnar »

Thanks for your help.

A pre-XML version of Mellel won't be able to read my XML-converted document, right? So I guess I need Mellel 2.1. Have you got that one, too?

/MagnusG!
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

fitzgunnar wrote:A pre-XML version of Mellel won't be able to read my XML-converted document, right? So I guess I need Mellel 2.1. Have you got that one, too?
I have almost every version of Mellel since 1.6.8 but the original 2.1 is the one I’ve missed (haven’t downloaded due to incomplete localisation files). You’re right by guessing that the pre XML version couldn’t open your XML version (I think, haven’t tested this actually) but as you think that your problems are XML related, I doesn’t think that you could solve them with the 2.1 version as it may suffer from the same XML problems.
If you couldn‘t work with 2.1.1, it may be the best to convert your document via RTF back to a pre XML file.

Maybe someone else could serve Mellel 2.1 so you could test it (and I could complete my collection).