Problems unarchiving the Mellel 2.1 reevised tutorial

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

donb
Knows everything, can prove it

Problems unarchiving the Mellel 2.1 reevised tutorial

Post by donb »

Last night, I downloaded the revised Mellel Format Tutorial file from the Redlers site, using Safari. The result was that I found three stuffit-files. Since this was made as a self-expanding three-segment-file, with Stuffit 7, I clicked on the first of the three segments, and it immediately expanded to the full Mellel Tutorial. (The other two segments, numbered 2 and 3, were Stuffit artifacts, which Suffit automatically combined with Segment 1 while expanding Segment 1.) Since I had made the three segments using Stuffit 7, I expected this to be the case.

This morning, in the meantime having read various messages in the Forum and the Mellel list, I downloaded again the Mellel Format version from the Redlers site, using iGetter instead of Safari. OS X immediately unzipped the file (my computer is set to unarchive downloads automatically), and the entire Mellel 2.1 revised file was available, it opened without difficulty in Mellel 2.1.1. I have Stuffit 10 expander among my applications.

I shall try to work out why you people could not get the downloaded file to work, and fix the situation.

Don Broadribb
FA1

Post by FA1 »

I had trouble before, but now it's working. Using Camino with StuffIt.
laup

Post by laup »

I just downloaded the Mellel version successfully in Safari.
Paul
Mart°n

Post by Mart°n »

The actual download works for me too (Firefox). I think the file is bigger this time (couldn’t approve this as I have trashed the old one already) but the 3-file-thing could have been the problem.
I was able to download only 1 file yesterday and if part 2 and 3 were missing, extraction couldn’t work as it should.
Now everything is O.K.
Marco
Read the guide!

I could unstuff, too

Post by Marco »

I could download with Camino and then unstuff, too.

So again, thank you, Don.
Last edited by Marco on Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shades

Post by shades »

Tried Safari, no go.

Then Firefox, downloaded, but wouldn't automatically open. I had to go back and download it without automatic opening, then double-click the file.

So I have it, but it took a while.