What happens when demo expires?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

san
New to all this

What happens when demo expires?

Post by san »

I'd like to try Mellel as I've become quite frustrated with the mainstream word processing programs. The only way I can see to do that is to integrate the Mellel demo into my daily work process. But what happens when the demo expires, should I decide not to buy the program, especially considering Mellel uses its own special file format? Can I still open existing Mellel documents and export them to RTF format? Of course, being prevented from editing them or creating new documents, just exporting them so I haven't lost the work.
zoul
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by zoul »

The easiest thing to do is to export the files to RTF before the demo expires (I think Mellel displays the number of days left). I’m sure You’ll buy Mellel anyway, it’s worth it :)
san
New to all this

Post by san »

Good enough. I just set up an iCal alarm to remind me.

--I do like it already. I just would hate to lose a month's worth of work if for some reason I find something about it that just catches me up no matter how much I try to work around it.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

san wrote: I just would hate to lose a month's worth of work if for some reason I find something about it that just catches me up no matter how much I try to work around it.
Perhaps you can tell us what your needs are, and we can let you know if Mellel includes the functionality, if there are any catches and/or gotchas with certain features, what features may be lacking (and their workarounds) and possibly even point out some aspects to your workflow that you haven't even considered yet.

I've found that the Mellel user–base is quite helpful in aiding new users with difficult topics (regardless of how stubborn we are with the way we'd like to see things implemented ;-)
— Robert Cameron