'Remove Formatting' key in Find Dialogue Box

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

mkenney
Read the guide!

'Remove Formatting' key in Find Dialogue Box

Post by mkenney »

I am very pleased with the new 'Find' function. However, I cannot figure out how to enable the 'Remove Formatting' in the dialogue box. I imagine that I am just not doing something right. I want to find every instance of phoibos in my document and replace it with the same word, but in the Greek alphabet (I don't know how to make the Greek alphabet appear in a post). Note that the Greek is not italicized, whereas the transliterated English is. I imagine that if I use the 'Remove Formatting' key in either the 'Find' section of the 'Replace' section that I can accomplish my goal. Unfortunately, neither key ever activates. At present, when I do a find and replace, the inserted Greek is italicized and I do not what it to be. Perhaps I do not understand the appropriate use of the 'Remove Formatting' key. If so, just let me know.
zoul
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: 'Remove Formatting' key in Find Dialogue Box

Post by zoul »

mkenney wrote:Perhaps I do not understand the appropriate use of the 'Remove Formatting' key.
Right, I think You do not :) The point is that the new find dialog allows you to search for text with specific formatting. Try to select a part of your search expression (say “lie”), open the “Main font” palette and set the face to “bold”. Now you are searching for a bold lie. If a simple lie is enough for you, you can select the search expression and remove the formatting. That’s it.

And as to your problem, you can select the greek “phoibos” in the replace field and set its face to “regular”, the italics should disappear.

Is that it?
mkenney
Read the guide!

Post by mkenney »

Thanks. You recommendation worked. I'll look back at the user's guide (and the tutorial) and attempt to match-up what it says with your instructions. I suppose that I just missed the relevant instructions.