Restart bibliographic references in every section?

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

frvs
Knows everything, can prove it

Restart bibliographic references in every section?

Post by frvs »

Hi,

I'm posting this on the Bookends and Mellel fora. I would like to be able to restart references in every new section in my text, very much in the same way as I can restart note numbering.

Here is why. In Chicago A style (as well as in others), you present a reference in full the first time you cite it, and then use only a short title. But it often happens that a book contains chapters which are meant to be quite independant of each other. In such situations, it would be advisable to cite references in full the first time they are used in each chapter/section.

At present this is not possible, right? If not, I would suggest this feature be considered, perhaps as part of the ongoing effort to enhance integration between Bookends and Mellel. Thanks.
nicka

Post by nicka »

Agreed.

It would also be useful to have the choice of generating a bibliography for each chapter/section, at the end of that section.
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

Great idea, frvs - please consider posting this in the Nitty & Gritty sub-forum of this site. That's where feature requests should go. Also, please make your feature request into a poll, and people can vote for it - this will give the Redlers an indication of interest in this feature. See the sticky note at the top of the Nitty & Gritty forum for an explanation.
frvs

Post by frvs »

Nicka, I agree with you. Joewiz, thanks for the suggestions. In the meanwhile, I have made a formal feature request and the Redlers responded, with lightning speed, that this feature is planned for version 2.2.

Cheers!

Francisco
macsailor

Post by macsailor »

frvs wrote: In the meanwhile, I have made a formal feature request and the Redlers responded, with lightning speed, that this feature is planned for version 2.2.

Cheers!

Francisco
Sounds great!
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.