bug? forward delete before auto-title or citation object

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

FA1
Knows everything, can prove it

bug? forward delete before auto-title or citation object

Post by FA1 »

If you use forward delete and run into an auto-title or citation object (before deleting it), the cursor will stay next to the object even if you backspace or then change/add to the previous text. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it would seem the cursor should be where you are editing the text.

Edit: I'm not sure you even need to use forward delete, if I add text that is immediately prior to a citation object, the cursor will move to the front of the object while I am typing. (In this case, the object begins a new line)
eleuteruiz
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: bug? forward delete before auto-title or citation object

Post by eleuteruiz »

FA1 wrote:If you use forward delete and run into an auto-title or citation object (before deleting it), the cursor will stay next to the object even if you backspace or then change/add to the previous text. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it would seem the cursor should be where you are editing the text.
I can reproduce this with auto-titles. I am not sure this is a bug, since auto-titles are supposed to begin a new line, and when you eliminate all elements (even Return) between the cursor and the following auto-title there is no way to separate both things. If you want to continue editing before the auto-title, it means in the preceding line, so I naturally tend to move the cursor (manually) backwards.
But perhaps it is a question of habits... :?
Eleuterio