Mellel 2.1.2 is out...

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Ori Redler
One of the boys

Mellel 2.1.2 is out...

Post by Ori Redler »

The features:

• Small Caps and All Caps: Mellel now support an ALL CAPS and "fake" small caps with any font.
• Fit Width: The zoom level automatically adjusts to the window width, including when the outline pane is open.
• Fit Page: The zoom level automatically adjusts to display the page at full height in the document window.
• Custom zoom: You can now set the zoom level to any value between 10 percent and 1600 percent.

And lots of improvements and bug fixes, of course.
Ori Redler from RedleX
spinningdoc
Read the guide, knows everything

All Caps

Post by spinningdoc »

Small Caps and All Caps: Mellel now support an ALL CAPS and "fake" small caps with any font.
Marry me, Ori.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

Thanks for the update guys. The addition of the Case dropdown is wonderful, as are the new Zoom features. Thanks for making the best better.

(Perhaps the next step would be Title Case and First letter case for the Case menu ... although Title Case would need an algorithm to ignore articles and adpositions, depending on the language ...)
— Robert Cameron
Craig
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by Craig »

Thanks for listening!
Dougray
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Dougray »

Ori,

As a recent convert, it's great to see how responsive you are to feature requests. Thanks!

Doug
shades

Post by shades »

Interesting that using the "Check for updates" in the menu on Mellel indicted that my version was up-to-date. Although the Version number is correct on the main web site, the date still shows September 7.

I know, minor things, but just in case someone (i.e. an old codger like me) might get confused. :D
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

That's the way I like it! No big updates at every death of a pope, but frequent small updates, to be shipped as soon as some new features, some enhancements and / or some relevant bug fixes will have been implemented.
TadDavis
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by TadDavis »

With the addition of full-screen view and all-caps character style, Mellel now does 100% of what I need to do on a regular basis, and 95% of what I need to do on an occasional basis. (There is always a bit of Word formatting somebody sends me that won't display properly.) I have one of the oldest, slowest Macs in the world that can still run OS X, and Mellel remains a speed champ.