Using Find and Replace to apply styles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

spinningdoc
Read the guide, knows everything

Using Find and Replace to apply styles

Post by spinningdoc »

Thanks to the introduction of All Caps, I can now use Mellel for screenwriting... hurrah.

However, I'm trying to figure out a way to convert the ad hoc styles brought over in an rtf to Mellel's styles. There must be a way of doing this with Find and Replace mustn't there?

For instance, I want to be able to select sluglines (which look like [return]int. [varying length of text][return]), and apply a paragraph style to them. I'm sure Find and Replace must be able to do this, but I can't figure out how.

Any advice anyone?
donb
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by donb »

If I understand you rightly, and I am not sure I do, the Find expression would be [return] which you select from the Insert Menu, then any character (chosen from the Insert Element bit, which you then double click and choose "This Much or More" and Greedy is checked] then another return (from the Insert Menu]

But what you would put as the replace I don't know, since you say simply "apply a paragraph style". Do you mean a specific constantly used paragraph style for all instances of the sluglines? If so, then the thing to do would be to choose "Found expression" and also the details of the paragraph style, but since I don't know what they are, it's hard to say what to do at that point.

Don Broadribb