Feature Request - Legal Outlining in Lists

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

jzents
Read the guide, knows everything

Feature Request - Legal Outlining in Lists

Post by jzents »

I really wish I could create legal lists in the List feature rather than having to do them in Auto-titles. I often outline things for students and my preferred form is legal, like this.

That does not seem possible to do using lists. Doing it in auto-titles is possible but more time consuming since the Cmd-[ and Cmd-] are not available to change levels.

PS The ability to attach styles to levels in the lists would be helpful, is that possible and I just have not figured it out or not?

Cheers!
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by rpcameron »

If you're looking for different styles for different levels, then no, it cannot be done. However, if you just want different styles for list items than for the rest of your document, then yes, you can create those. Just check out the style sets dialogue, and create new List styles.

(And no, I don't believe you can have previous level numbers included in ordered lists in Mellel.)

[Edit: corrected typo]
Last edited by rpcameron on Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Robert Cameron
jzents
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by jzents »

rpcameron wrote:If you're looking for different styles for different levels, then no, it can'ts be done. However, if you just want different styles for list items than for the rest of your document, then yes, you can create those. Just check out the style sets dialogue, and create new List styles.

(And no, I don't believe you can have previous level numbers included in ordered lists in Mellel.)
Yup, pretty much what I was suspecting. Drat! Fudge! And so on. Cheers!