palettes moving off-screen

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

FA1
Knows everything, can prove it

palettes moving off-screen

Post by FA1 »

This is the first time this has happened to me, I launched Mellel with my recently open document, and my palettes were partly hidden at the top of my screen.

Here's what the top right corner of my screen looked like:

I couldn't move them back with my mouse (except for the two title bars that were showing), toggling the palette didn't help. I was able to reset the palette position via the Window menu, but then I lost the positions of the different palettes that I had.

It's possible that I might have had it open on a larger monitor, but I'm not sure if that's what caused it. Anyone seen this, and is resetting my only option if it happens again?
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

Yes, the palette position changes if you attach another Monitor to your Mac while Mellel is started (even if there’s no Mellel window, but the small black triangle right below the Mellel icon in the dock is visible).
I often see this, as I switch from my PowerBook screen to an external monitor (with a different resolution) and back. It’s not a big deal for me, as I don‘t sort or otherwise move the palettes around but resetting them is the only thing you could do.