small happy successes

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

lbas
Read the guide!

small happy successes

Post by lbas »

Two small happy successes, maybe they'll help someone.

Had one book file all ready to print and wanted to change the between-paragraph spacing from hrhr to points below the paragraph. This would change the length of the file changing the page numbers changing the headers. I thought, too much work to redo the headers. Still I made a copy and made the style changes then changed all the hrhr to hr and guess what? All the headers adjusted to fit the new file! This was great and I only had to fix one chapter where, in the old file the layout didn't suit having a right header inserted but did in the new file. I had printed the file 2-up to "Preview" to quickly check the facing pages so that was easy to find and fix.

Lots of my old files have a line for where each page in the original book ended, line starting with the string "+Page" and continuing with text that varies. A simple "Find" expression took all those lines out of my file - Yea!

My attempt to place the PNG image of that window here failed so I still have a lot to learn. Let's see if I can write it -

+Page - Anything 1 or more, greedy, grouped - return

for the "Find" field and

"Return" field empty

Options "From Beginning" and "Main Text"

Woodson

[/img]