Page break in auto-titles

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Ralph
Got the styles thing figured out

Page break in auto-titles

Post by Ralph »

When formatting auto-titles, there is a little blue token for Line Break, but none for Page Break or Section Break.

We need those so that you can make every new Chapter start on a new page, for example.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

You could enter a page break via Shift+Enter (enter is the key on you Apple standard keyboard’s number pad at the lower right or on your Apple *book right to the right apple key ⌅) which shouldn’t be too hard, if your project doesn’t consist of 200 chapters :wink:
Taman
Read the guide, knows everything

Vanishing Title

Post by Taman »

I've been having the same challenge of trying to get a page break in front of a title. I've now put the page break character in a free text box in the auto title prior to the title text. This seems to work EXCEPT now the title does not appear. Page break works fine, but the title does not appear on the new page. Seems very strange!
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by nicka »

What Taman has found out suggests the following workaround:
Create a heading level called 'End of chapter' containing only a page break in free text. Enter one of these at the end of each chapter. It needs to be at a heading level below chapter in your auto-title setup, so that if you move chapters around in the outline pane it will travel with its chapter.
johnny366
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Page break in auto-titles

Post by johnny366 »

Is there still no easy way to have a paragraph style or Auto-title start on a new page? I want all my level 1 Auto-titles (which are also all my Heading style paragraphs) to start a new page. I must be missing a trick, because this is surely standard stuff?