Table of contents

For all things Mellel

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ed
Read the guide!

Table of contents

Post by ed »

Hi,

Im a newbee to this software. It feels really nice to buy a wordprocessor. This will hopefully help me to get my master thesis written. Sometimes you have to bribe yourself with something fun. :)

I have now managed to create a document with, characters, paragraphs and auto-titles. The last thing i need to design and understand is table of contents.

I have figured out that it is designable. But I don´t understand how to get it the way I want. I would like this:

1. Sammanfattning.............................................................1
2. Inledning.......................................................................2

Anyone who knows how to solve this problem?
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

A good answer could be found in Don Broadribb’s Beginner’s Tutorial on page 175. Exactly this case is shown and explained here. You could find it on the Redler’s website:

http://www.redlers.com/supporttutorials.html
ed
Read the guide!

Post by ed »

Thank you for the tip. Have read it but didnt get to work as I wanted. It must be me how doing something wrong.
verma
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by verma »

ed wrote:Thank you for the tip. Have read it but didnt get to work as I wanted. It must be me how doing something wrong.
Could you be more specific about what goes wrong? Thanks.
lbas
Read the guide!

Post by lbas »

You might want to read my Oct 31 post "simple book header, toc page help requested" in which Don treats this subject at length to help me get going. Reading back posts is good use of your time but trying things helps you digest the input.

For me as a beginner Mellel rewards a careful and thoughtful learning / working style. The TOC, for example, is the final product of a sequence of several steps, and probably problems in the TOC reflect something amiss in setting up the Auto-Title flows which make the TOC possible. I'm still not on top of Auto-Titles but I'm making them work.

Good luck and be sure to continue to use this forum.

Woodson