Feature Request: PDF Export / Dynamic Table of Contents

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

saarpreme
New to all this

Feature Request: PDF Export / Dynamic Table of Contents

Post by saarpreme »

First of all, I love Mellel, there are only two little features I miss:

It would be great if the automatically generated table of contents was dynamic, i.e. it automatically changed when I rename or add a heading.

Also, a genuine PDF export would be brilliant, as bookmarks could be generated that correspont to the table of contents, as well as clickable footnotes.
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Feature Request: PDF Export / Dynamic Table of Contents

Post by jannuss »

saarpreme wrote:Also, a genuine PDF export
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "ungenuine" about the built-in OSX PDF generator?

Janet
jolinwarren
Read the guide!

Re: Feature Request: PDF Export / Dynamic Table of Contents

Post by jolinwarren »

jannuss wrote:
saarpreme wrote:Also, a genuine PDF export
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "ungenuine" about the built-in OSX PDF generator?
I think that saarpreme would like a PDF export which generates a table of contents and click-able links within the document. There are many others who would like this, too, and it seems that OS X provides the necessary APIs. This was discussed in a previous thread. Hopefully the Redlers will implement these features!
aechallu
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by aechallu »

I second the "genuine" PDF request, although I'm almost sure that OSX actually does not provide the APIs to add bookmarks. (That was the reply I got when I asked to add bookmarks to Skim.app). Still, I believe this would be an addition worth the effort (or maybe Leopard extended PDFKit?)

I would expect that dynamic TOCS make an appearance with x-refs. I would like, though, to keep the current approach that makes TOCs behave like normal text and are fully editable.