Style sets - Something to think about

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

When we select a style set, should mellel have chosen the auto-title flow that 'goes/works' with the selected style set? (As described below)

Yes, this is a must have...URGENT!
68%
Yes, but don't rush.
32%
Leave this for 10 or so years because it is very unimportant.
No votes

Total votes: 22

stephenandamanda
Already downloaded the guide

Style sets - Something to think about

Post by stephenandamanda »

Hi guys,

I think the current way that you have used styles is really quite good. However, I think there is room for improvement in the way that auto-titles work. I think the user should be able to link a particular auto-title set with a particular document style set. So that when you select a particular style set, it will select a particular auto-title set.

This is for two main reasons.

1. The style set system lets you choose all other main layout settings EXCEPT the 'auto-title set'.

2. The auto-title sets are setup to work with a particular style set. So when you select a particular style set, in my mind, it should then set the auto-title set. For instance, if I change style set's - the auto-title flow doesn't change ... even though it will not really work well with the selected style set because that 'auto-title flow set' was based on the Default Style Set.

In other words, why can I not specify the auto-title set that I may want for that particular Style set?

Thanks,
Stephen
Last edited by stephenandamanda on Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
donb
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by donb »

This really is a bug in Mellel. It has been pointed out before, and no doubt the Redlers will fix it some day. I agree, it is a nuisance.

Don Broadribb
laup
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by laup »

It may be a feature rather than a bug, but it is one of the few things I find annoying about Mellel. One can save a document that has everything the way one wants it as a template (i.e., the right styles and autotitles), but that is to me a work-around for what amounts to a design "flaw."
Paul
digimarkus
Already downloaded the guide

Post by digimarkus »

I also find this to be an inconsistency with Mellel that should be addressed soon. It would make the style set feature more useful, as much of the power of styles in my mind is there use with auto-titles. It would also make it much easier to share style sets with others.

- Mark
mi.cy
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by mi.cy »

and while we're at it: please add the note flow settings into the style set also!

best
michael