Print chapter

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Bensch
Read the guide!

Print chapter

Post by Bensch »

Wouldn't it be great to be easily able to print certain chapters?

Don't know how that would fit in Apple Interface Guidelines, but eg in the printer dialogue right below the "Copies" and "Pages" section you could just add a third option: a pop-up menu with the chapters. Choose one and it will be printed. (But I can imagine the print dialogue is provided by the OS, and hiding this option in the Mellel section of the print dialogue would be cumbersome.)

Or you could just add this feature to the ountline window, for example the option "Print section" when right-clicking one title (or even multiple). Or by clicking an icon next to the chapter name. Or sth else, these are just some quick ideas..

What bothers me since years (in all apps I use) is that I always have to check back in the document where a certain chapter starts and where it ends if I want to print it. I think that could be done much easier and more "natural".

Bensch
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by macsailor »

I believe that this is a good and interesting idea, well worth to consider.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
nicka

Post by nicka »

It would be good to be able to select an autotitle or a range of autotitles in the outline pane and choose to see only them. Then you could print only that part of a document, or get a wordcount for that part. (At the moment, it's really hard to get a wordcount for a chapter, or range of chapters. You have to select all the text you want counted, not an easy task.)
Bensch
Read the guide!

Post by Bensch »

It would be good to be able to select an autotitle or a range of autotitles in the outline pane and choose to see only them.
yeah that's another thing that came to my mind too yesterday...

bensch
joewiz

Post by joewiz »

Bensch wrote:
It would be good to be able to select an autotitle or a range of autotitles in the outline pane and choose to see only them.
yeah that's another thing that came to my mind too yesterday...
Great idea guys.
verma

Post by verma »

I'd certainly vote for "hoisting" (seeing only a selected Autotitle level), and then print the hoisted part. It's done in OmniOutliner Pro, and is an excellent feature.