Auto-title does not save

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Jacques
New to all this

Auto-title does not save

Post by Jacques »

I have a problem with auto-title that I hope someone can help me with. In essence, the format of the style is not saved when I close my document.
I have a long document (165 pages) where I use three levels of auto-titles. It all works fine until I re-open the document. When I re-open the documents the style is not saved. The strange thing is that, if I re-define the headings the original style appears, but only if I switch to another level first and then backs again (i.e. from, say, level 2, to level 1 and then back to level 2).

I do not know if it makes any difference that I copy/paste from Word documents or that I use a lot of titles in the document.

Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jacques

p.s. I tried to ‘lock’ the ‘edit style set’ but that did not help.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Auto-title does not save

Post by Mart°n »

Sounds strange.

Have you associated your format to the auto-title elements and saved the used Auto-Title settings in the “Edit Title-Flows” (the pen button in the Auto-Title palette)?

Do you use the very same Auto-Title setting with another document and edit (and save different settings) inside the other document?

To which option is your Mellel Preference “Mellel > Preferences > Open & Save Tab > ‘If styles in style set were changed since the document was last opened:’ set to? “Preserve document styles” or “Update document styles”