Double-page view

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ravettb
New to all this

Double-page view

Post by ravettb »

It's simple. If I can't do this, I want my money back. Period.
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Double-page view

Post by rpcameron »

No, it is not presently possible. It's been oft-requested, but has yet to be implemented. As far as getting your money back, I doubt that will happen, as Mellel offers a nearly feature-complete trial period prior to purchase (and view and/or zoom options are not part of the limitations of the unregistered version).
— Robert Cameron
Roger
Read the guide, knows everything

Post by Roger »

Mellel provides vertical double-page view. (Normally, a double-page view is horizontal, with the pages side-by-side. A vertical double-page view is when one page is under the other.)

Depending on the size and resolution of you monitor, set the magnification to 50% and you'll have a vertical double-page view.

I hope this helps meet your needs until Mellel implements a horizontal double-page view.

Post by Mart°n »

ravettb wrote:It's simple. If I can't do this, I want my money back. Period.
As there is nothing to discuss here, you should contact the Redlers direclty via Mail: support (at) redlers.com
zoul

Post by zoul »

Simple indeed. If You consider that such a crucial feature, You should have tried it before buying Mellel. It’s not like they are hiding it from people before they pay, is it?
daiyi

Post by daiyi »

Why? If it were that important to you, why didn't you first make sure it had this feature before purchasing a license?
nalugu
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by nalugu »

I just wanted to add a voice in favour of the two-pages-view. I really need it as well, and though I would like to work with Mellel, I can't.
Other applications have it: Word, pages, and even the new open office 3 (beta).
I even wrote to redlex concerning this, but they did not answer (maybe they didn't take my proposal serious to pay for using a beta with this view option?)

Anyway, Mellel, go ahead! We're waiting for this feature! Mellel will be the best word processor then for all really writing writers!
Platonist
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Platonist »

I have been in contact with the developers concerning this feature and they claimed that it was indeed on the list of things to implement. Like others, this feature is very important to me and the way I work. I was really hoping to see it in 2.5, but perhaps it was just too much to implement right now with all the other changes. With any luck, we'll see it in an update in the near future. From what I understand it wouldn't be hard to do, but when one has a long list of things to do one must prioritize and can see how this feature might slip down on a bit on such a list .
nalugu
Got the auto-title mojo working

Post by nalugu »

Oh, that doesn't sound too bad already, thanks for posting this information here! Hope it will become a priority item on the "to do list" of Mellel... ! We really need it, and even open office will have it in their next release (in beta already implemented).