Compatibility Foremost - MS Word and others

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Robert
New to all this

Compatibility Foremost - MS Word and others

Post by Robert »

I just thought I would weigh in on what is most important in my view...

Compatibility with MS Word!

I do not particularly like Word, in fact, I really don't like it very much at all. It is expensive and cumbersome and often annoying in its effort to 'guess' what i am planning to do next, thus making me fight with it to do what I really want to do. I suppose you could say I am 'anti-MS Word'. Even so, like thousands of others I suspect, I am forced to use MS Word because everyone else does. Therefore Mellel must have seamless (in as far as such a thing is possible) compatibility with MS Word reading and writing in that format with ease and nary any user intervention.

Compatibility with ClarisWorks/AppleWorks.

OK Now you kn ow one o f my favorite WPs. It is just so simple to use. It isn't changing so you could create compatibility once and be done. Besides you can't let MS Word have this edge. I still prefer Appleworks even though i am forced to use MS Word.

Look at GeoWorks Ensemble's WP for some great ideas. I loved this WP and boy did it create nice documents.

I would say compatibility (transparency) with MS Word and Wordperfect would be most important and then HTML even though I want AppleWorks and Geoworks Ensemble-like capabilities.

Finally, some Bible styles/format templates would be a coup. :D

http://forum.redlers.com/posting.php?mo ... 8dd680851a#