Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ron99
New to all this

Tracking changes and comments in the margin

Post by ron99 »

Dear all,

I have a few questions about Mellel and I hope someone can help me with these:

1. When I write on Mellel how can I "track my changes" as it is possible in MS Word for instance. By tracking changes I mean when I write a first draft of an essay, I have to revise it. I go through the essay one more time and make certain revisions. Not all these revisions ought to remain in the text. So I would like to know where I made new changes. This feature in MS Word is very helpful and I wonder if Mellel has something similar. It simply highlights or underlines (or does something) for new changes to stand out in the document.

2. How can I write comments on the margin? Is there a feature on Mellel that would allow me to write a note or comment on the margin of a page. This is again very important for those who write professionally.

3. How I would be able to view both of these (changes made in the document and comments on the margin) in a MS Word file that a friend has sent me? I frequently receive documents from friends in which they have written in the margin or edited certain sentences. How would I be able to view these if they worked with MS Office?

Thanks a million,

R
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Tracking changes and comments in the margin

Post by rpcameron »

Tracking changes and comments are two features that Mellel does not currently implement. A quick perusal of the first two topics in this forum indicate the status of track changes. Similarly, comments are not implemented either. However, there is ongoing discussion as to how these features may be implemented. Please feel free to share your concerns in those topics.
— Robert Cameron