EndNote & Mellel

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

ron99
New to all this

EndNote & Mellel

Post by ron99 »

Dear all,

I am wondering if Mellel is compatible with the famous bibliographic software EndNote. I am in the process of switching from MS Word to Mellel and would like to know if my citations will be as easy at they were in MS Word: i.e., the way the word processor would work with EndNote.

I appreciate any tips.

Cordially,

R
DylanMuir
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: EndNote & Mellel

Post by DylanMuir »

EndNote and Mellel are not compatible in the same way as EndNote and Word are. However, Mellel has good integration with two other bibliography packages (Sente and Bookends). I used to use EndNote and moved to Bookends. Bookends does everything EndNote did, and importing from EndNote to Bookends is fairly easy as I recall. I have since played with Sente, and it looks even better than bookends (and also far better than EndNote).

EndNote would probably still work if you export from Mellel to an RTF file, and perform a manual scan in EndNote. It's not nice to have to switch bibliography software, but hopefully the benefits of Mellel over Word outweigh that small inconvenience! ;)

DRM
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

I agree with the above. I too switched from Word/Endnote to Mellel/Bookends and have never regretted. The import to Bookends was easy and the integration is unlike anything you'll have in Word. You can insert citations with Cmd + y, and you can scan/unscan in the same document multiple times. It's at least worth a try in the Demo.
ealvarez

Post by ealvarez »

.. and you can pay for a combo Mellel/Bookends : )

I can't talk about Endnote as I switched to Bookends a long time ago but the latter is more "fun" to use with Mellel than with Word.