Feature request for paragraph style

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

macula
Knows everything, can also explain

Feature request for paragraph style

Post by macula »

Regarding paragraph styles, I would like to propose additional indentation and line spacing attributes for:

1. The first line of a paragraph if it follows a paragraph in a different style, and

2. The last line of a paragraph if it is followed by a paragraph in a different style.

This would spare the users from the tremendous hassle and bad conceptual hygiene of having to define additional paragraph styles for those paragraphs that are neighboring to paragraphs in different styles.

Any fellow users in agreement?
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Feature request for paragraph style

Post by ozean »

I see your point, but I am not sure if the added fine tuning control would be worth the added complexity to the already very complex paragraph style dialog. Difficult to judge…
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Feature request for paragraph style

Post by rpcameron »

ozean wrote:I see your point, but I am not sure if the added fine tuning control would be worth the added complexity to the already very complex paragraph style dialog. Difficult to judge…
I think this means that dialogs used to edit styles (as well as the whole of Mellel's UI) needs a major rework. The interface is dated, and starting to being kludgy and unwieldy. I feel that there are many ways that the dialogs and interface can be reworked, while leaving room for new additions to be added in a logical manner.
— Robert Cameron