Bug when moving content via outline view

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

macula
Knows everything, can also explain

Bug when moving content via outline view

Post by macula »

My highest-level title flow (autotitle) is set to insert a page break before the title itself, so that it displays each new chapter title on a new page.

Now, in outline view, there is a bug presents itself when moving content around (not simply demoting/promoting content via the arrow buttons on the lower-left corner of the window, which works fine): While the content itself moves, the page break inserted by the Autotitles manager does not move with the content it is attached to. As a result, the page breaks do not follow the chapter headings, as they should according to the definition of the title flow.

Is this a bug or am I failing to get the idea altogether?
DylanMuir
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Bug when moving content via outline view

Post by DylanMuir »

I think it's a conceptual issue: the autotitle manager inserts a character before the autotitle, rather than including that character as part of the autotitle itself. Not ideal, I agree.

DRM
aperriman
Got the auto-title mojo working

Re: Bug when moving content via outline view

Post by aperriman »

I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed. The page break should be inseparable from the autotitle. I've also found that if a subheading is moved in the outline just above, eg., a chapter heading with a page break before it, it gets inserted between the page break and the chapter heading, rather than above the chapter heading at the end of the previous chapter.