Paragraph numbering

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

rickl
Got the auto-title mojo working

Paragraph numbering

Post by rickl »

I want to pass round a fairly long manuscript to my co-authors, for which the biggest issue arising from our anonymous reviewer's comments is overall structure. In addition to all the structural info from auto-titles and cross-references, I'd like to make it possible to refer to individual paragraphs with precision. Looking in paragraph styles, I can't see any way to number paragraphs. Have I missed something, or is there a workaround?
nicka
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Paragraph numbering

Post by nicka »

You haven't missed anything -- there is no paragraph or line numbering in Mellel.

Two possible workarounds: 1) insert an autotitle that is formatted as just a number at the beginning of each paragraph.
2) put each paragraph into one row of a large table.
laup

Post by laup »

I don't know what happens with a long document, but can't the paragraphs be selected, identified as a list (List pallette, click arrow pointing right), specify numbering, and adjust margins?
Paul
nicka

Post by nicka »

I didn't think of that! It might be a better, or at least easier method. It would only be a bit tricky if the paragraphs have to have different margins and indents -- for example if there is body text and blockquotes.