Feature request: remove splash screen for registered users

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Nicholas Coupland
New to all this

Feature request: remove splash screen for registered users

Post by Nicholas Coupland »

I open Mellel several times a day and have started to become irritated by the splash screen.

Having registered my copy of Mellel some months ago, I don't need (or want) to be reminded every time I open the program that I am using Mellel and that I have purchased a licence. I wish the developers would consider hiding the splash screen once the program has been registered.
Last edited by Nicholas Coupland on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
macula
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Feature request: remove splash screen for registered users

Post by macula »

+1

I totally agree with the OP.
Mart°n
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by Mart°n »

Good point, but why do you even close Mellel if you need it several times a day? I typically let Mellel run for days and put my Mac only to sleep mode. In this case, I neither see the splash screen nor have to wait for Mellel to start up.

If it really hurts you, you could “hack” Mellel to get a version without a splash Screen. To do this, download the following file:
www.martin-stadtmueller.de/mellel/Splash.nib.zip
and unzip it so you get the “Splash.nib” file. Then navigate to your applications folder (using the Finder), find Mellel, right or control-click the Mellel application and choose “Show package contents” from the contextual menu.
Then a new Finder window pops up containing the single folder “Contents”. Click this folder and open the contained “Resources” Folder

Content > Resources

Inside the Resources folder you’ll have to find your language specific subfolder. For English it’s the “English.lproj” folder, for French it’s the “French.lproj” Folder an so on. If you’ve found your specific language, you can open that folder, find the original “Splash.nib” and make a copy of it (if everything goes wrong”. Having done that, you now can move the downloaded file into the very same folder and replace the original “Splash.nib” with the clean one.
If you now start up Mellel, the splash screen won’t show up.
Machiel
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by Machiel »

Thanks Martin. Works like a charm.
Nicholas Coupland
New to all this

Post by Nicholas Coupland »

Yes, a huge thank you, Martin.

It's just what I was looking for.