Reapplying paragraph style globally

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

harryhoffner
Read the guide, knows everything

Reapplying paragraph style globally

Post by harryhoffner »

I have a very large manuscript with many paragraph styles and character styles. Quite a few paragraphs have for some reason lost some feature of the paragraph style (line spacing, character color or italic face), and when selected, now show as in the original style with a + sign following. I do not have the time to go through over a thousand pages of manuscript to reapply the correct paragraph style to each modified paragraph, and would like to do this globally with a find-and-replace. But how do I do this in Mellel? I seem to be able to search for characters or words in a particular character style, but not whole paragraphs in a given paragraph style.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.
shades
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Reapplying paragraph style globally

Post by shades »

If I have understood correctly, in Mellel, go the File > Replace Styles. There will be two tabs, one for character, one for paragraph. Select each style that is different than original and replace with the original style and specific variation.

If that doesn’t reflect what you need and post back.
Rich
old, slow, and confused...but at least I’m inconsistent!

iMac 27" (10. 13. 8 ) and MBP 13" Retina (10. 13. 8 )
DRB
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Reapplying paragraph style globally

Post by DRB »

Is there a chance that you have Preserve styles rather than Update styles ticked in your Mellel Preferences' Open and Save dialog?

Donald Broadribb