Mellel 3.0 and Sente

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

DanZac
Knows everything, can prove it

Mellel 3.0 and Sente

Post by DanZac »

Just got the Mellel update and I am very happy to try out all of the new features - what a huge update !

I'd like to make a reasonable request that the new live bibliography feature be updated to work also with Sente. I say reasonable because Mellel expressly states that it works well with both Bookends and Sente. I understand with an initial release that it is easier to work with one developer, but now that 3.0 is out, please bring the same features into the Mellel / Sente integration.
Sergio
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: Mellel 3.0 and Sente

Post by Sergio »

I agree
Also, I must to say that the new version does not resolve a bug originated in Mellel 2.9... It's impossible to force not enclosure of references... please resolve this first!!!!
of1967

Post by of1967 »

I agree with DanZac. I want Mellel and Sente integration too. :x
Stefan Green
Already downloaded the guide

Post by Stefan Green »

Yes, I would also really like to see live bibliography support Sente. Hopefully soon!
/Stefan Green 8)
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

Yes, please! Add my request for Sente full integration.

All the best
Manuel Aguilar Hendrickson
Departament de Treball social i serveis socials
Universitat de Barcelona
08035 Barcelona (Spain)
manuel.aguilar.hendrickson@ub.edu
2chevaux
New to all this

Post by 2chevaux »

Thanks for the great update. I agree with DanZac and would appreciate it very much to have the live bibliography feature working with Sente as well. Is this something we can look forward to?
chriggi
Already downloaded the guide

Post by chriggi »

+1
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

Live bibliography would be great. But it would be even better if the redlers fixed the bugs with surrent Sente comments — for example, the option to not enclose the citation doesn't work at all.

DRM
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

Also, integration with Sente randomly breaks for me — I can switch between the two apps with cmd-Y, but this stops inserting a reference into Mellel as it should. Also, scanning breaks at the same time. Restarting either or both applications doesn't help; I have to reboot to restore functionality. This is not limited to a single document, and creating a new document doesn't help.

Anyone else having the same problems?

DRM
faithinformed
New to all this

Post by faithinformed »

DylanMuir wrote:Also, integration with Sente randomly breaks for me — I can switch between the two apps with cmd-Y, but this stops inserting a reference into Mellel as it should. Also, scanning breaks at the same time. Restarting either or both applications doesn't help; I have to reboot to restore functionality. This is not limited to a single document, and creating a new document doesn't help.

Anyone else having the same problems?

DRM
I'm having the same issue. Cmd-Y switches between Mellel and Sente, but does not insert the reference into the Mellel document. I can, however, use cmd-C to copy the reference, cmd-Tab to switch back to Mellel, and then cmd-v to paste the reference identifier (e.g., Adams 2001) into the document. However, even once that is done (which is far more cumbersome than before), when I try to scan the document to actually format the reference the "Scanning document" window appears but nothing happens (even after leaving it alone for 15–30 minutes).
nicka

Post by nicka »

Are you on OS X 10.8.2? Could this be the same problem as discussed on this thread on the Bookends forum?

My experience is the same as reported on that thread: logging out and back in again fixes the ability to use Cmd-y to shift between Bookends and Mellel, inserting a reference.

Presumably the fix is only temporary, but it can be reapplied when the problem reoccurs.
DylanMuir

Post by DylanMuir »

I am on 10.8.2. It sounds very much like the same bug. If you don't want to log out/in it sounds like killing appleeventsd would also fix the problem temporarily.

DRM