increase font size in outline pane?

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

psychomachine
Got the auto-title mojo working

increase font size in outline pane?

Post by psychomachine »

hi,

is there a way to increase the font size of the outline pane? working in full-screen mode on a large monitor is very hard for me because the text in the outline is too small.

Psych
psychomachine

Re: increase font size in outline pane?

Post by psychomachine »

i guess it's not possible since i looked left and right.

i wonder if the redlers would consider creating this option. as i said, working on a large screen with lots of nested auto-titles is really hard.
ozean
Knows everything, can prove it

Post by ozean »

That’s very strange indeed. I think we used to be able to change this in the Auto-Title flow pane (Insert > Auto-Title > Edit title flows…) in the Outline tab. But it seems all formatting options are “grayed-out” i.e. not accessible. I think this used to work in earlier versions. As of now, the whole outline tab in there doesn’t seem to serve any kind of function at all… Did you already send a bug report to the Redlers about this?
psychomachine

Post by psychomachine »

i didn't send a bug report yet -- i was hoping to find out first whether i was insane or whether this was indeed a problem for other people as well. thanks for letting me know you see this as well.
sourdoughpablo
Got the styles thing figured out

Post by sourdoughpablo »

This issue doesn't appear to have gotten attention. It got worse with vs 3.5.

How hard would it be to give us the power to increase the font size here? Those of us whose eyes are a little older are tired of squinting to read the outline structure. I asked about this a year ago when it all got worse, but so far no joy.

I know that most of you software developers are under 40 years old, but take pity on the aged and fix this problem. It shouldn't be that hard to do, should it???
psychomachine

Post by psychomachine »

hear! hear!

The thing is, this is not a problem only for 40+ users, but also for those of us using big screens. The outline is really written in such small letters and for some reason Mellel is not letting us style the Outline Pane in the AutoTitles editing mode. This option is indeed grayed out. Why?