Avoid ibid

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

Murando
Got the styles thing figured out

Avoid ibid

Post by Murando »

Hi, I am using Mellel with Bookends.
I would like to avoid ibid in certain cases. For example if I have the same citation twice with several pages without citation in between. Mellel/Bookends uses ibid in that case which is not good because the reader does not remember the previous citation. Is there any command to tell them not to produce ibid? I can not switch it completely off because in 90% of all cases I want it to be used.
macsailor
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: Avoid ibid

Post by macsailor »

Murando wrote:Hi, I am using Mellel with Bookends.
I would like to avoid ibid in certain cases. For example if I have the same citation twice with several pages without citation in between. Mellel/Bookends uses ibid in that case which is not good because the reader does not remember the previous citation. Is there any command to tell them not to produce ibid? I can not switch it completely off because in 90% of all cases I want it to be used.
I think you have to ask Jon at the Sonny Software company about that. I do not believe it has anything to do with Mellel, but more an issue for Bookend.
Peter Edwardsson
Truth is not always popular, but it is always right.
Murando
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: Avoid ibid

Post by Murando »

Thanks, seems not to be possible at the moment. After rethinking the whole thing I´ll do it without ibid.