Feature request: More customisation for Tables!

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

peter.malik
Already downloaded the guide

Feature request: More customisation for Tables!

Post by peter.malik »

Hey there,

I think it'd be very useful indeed to increase the level of customisation with tables.

For instance:

At the present, tables are not all that responsive to the paragraph styles. Perhaps this is impossible to achieve, but there could be a table-style of sorts, couldn't it? Paragraph spacing and line spacing are perhaps the most obvious problem.

There should be a feature where you can enter the specific indentation of the table by means of points/cm/inches rather than just using a ruler. Again, the same thing that you find in a paragraph style.

I'm sure other could fill in other aspects of Tables that might be wanting.

Thanks so much for considering these!
tika-tika
Knows everything, can also explain

Re: Feature request: More customisation for Tables!

Post by tika-tika »

Can you explain what you mean by
At the present, tables are not all that responsive to the paragraph styles... Paragraph spacing and line spacing are perhaps the most obvious problem.
?

You can definitely create a style that you use for table text. For instance, I often use a different font and line spacing in tables than body. Just make your own style for what you want and set the table text to that style.

As for table styles (ie, width, borders etc), you will see that this is an often-requested feature in this forum.
peter.malik
Already downloaded the guide

Re: Feature request: More customisation for Tables!

Post by peter.malik »

For instance, "space above" paragraph function doesn't work (at least in the top row). And yes, table styles as such are most desirable.