Search pane: A couple things I don't understand

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kaderan
New to all this

Search pane: A couple things I don't understand

Post by kaderan »

Hello friends,

I hope this post is not redundant, I've not found this addressed elsewhere.

I like the new find and replace pane in 3.3. However, I find a couple of things about it difficult to use:

1. When I save a search string and give it a name, the "Recent Searches" pull down menu in the find pane lists recent search in Regex, not by the name I've assigned. Since I have several saved searches that differ only slightly, and my regex is fairly poor (not to mention my eyes) I find I am constantly going back to the "load find action" function to make sure I am picking the right transformation. Am I missing something? Or is there a good reason the interface was designed this way?

2. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I haven't figured this out. I have some search actions that are always done "Sear in: Selection". However, it doesn't seem that I can save this attribute to a search action... I have to select the action, then manually change "Search in: Everywhere" to "Search in: Selection". Is this true, or did I do something wrong?

If indeed I am not missing something, please consider these two things as suggestions for slight changes which would, at least for me, make the fine pane much quicker to navigate.

Sam
DdeCaussin
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: Search pane: A couple things I don't understand

Post by DdeCaussin »

I hear you Sam. For that matter, I have never used the Regex in the search pane. I agree that it would more convenient and less mouse miles to have the assigned names in the search pane. It seems that this would be a feature request.