Queries about features in Mellel

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

vwMellel
Got the auto-title mojo working

Queries about features in Mellel

Post by vwMellel »

I have a number of queries after using Mellel for a few weeks. It appears to lack some features I am used too in other word processors (or it behaves just differently)

The Outline view
The size of type is small for the entries and as far as I can tell from the manual - it is not possible to choose a larger size.
Is this correct?

Table of Contents
When exporting to another format (e.g. RTF, PDF) it does not appear possible for an entry in the table of contents to act as a link to the content of the entry. Something possible in LibreOffice and WordPerfect.

Is this correct?

I note that the table of contents, in order for it to be updated, has to be deleted first and then created again. Will there be an update so that it be regenerated without the step of deleting the existing one first?

Wrapping text to size of window
Mellel does not appear to have an option (whether in Mellel view or Compact view) where if the width of a window in which a document is being edited is resized, the text is wrapped to fit the size of the window. Such as is available with Microsoft Word and LibreOffice Web view.

Is this correct?

Preserving styles when exporting to RTF
On exporting a document from Mellel to RTF I notice that any paragraph/character styles or Auto-Titles settings are not available in the resulting RTF file. e.g. although the formatting is correct, if there is a Heading style in Mellel file there is no style in the RTF file. Converting a file in LibreOffice, Microsoft Word or Wordperfect to RTF all result in any styles being preserved.
Is this correct?