Feature request: Notes

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

kbecker87
New to all this

Feature request: Notes

Post by kbecker87 »

Sometimes I would like to have a window or drawer within mellel where I could store notes or text snippets I might want to use at some point, something like the corkboard feature of scrivener oder the Notestream/notecard feature of Bookends. As for now I do store those notes in Evernote or simple text documents somewhere on my computer or some other notetaking app, a centralized place for all information regarding a Mellel document in progress would be really nice!
growlerbox
Got the styles thing figured out

Re: Feature request: Notes

Post by growlerbox »

Have you tried adding "Comments" (via the edit menu, or command-K)? These can be viewed by opening the Annotations pane (via view menu, also has a keyboard shortcut).

You can paste text cut from other applications into these comments, which are appended to specific points in your Mellel document. I haven't tried putting other things like PDFs or images into comments, but this may be possible.

It's not as powerful as the Scrivener approach, but it's a different kind of application.
farcas
Read the guide!

Post by farcas »

+1

I've tried using Comments but there is not way to get them out in any automated fashion.

I make an extensive use of endnotes / footnotes as a work around, but its not ideal.

Thanks.
farcas
Read the guide!

Post by farcas »

On this issue, I'd love to see comments expanded into a notes feature:

1) a place for notes (as suggested above)
2) a way to connect notes to text if so desired (like at present with comments)
3) colors, fonts, labels for different kind of notes
4) option to show or hide comments/notes marker in text (right now when you hide the annotations pane, the yellow marker still appears in the text)
5) way to export comments/notes with snippet of text commented on

Thanks!