new melee user- auto-title question

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

samdav1469
New to all this

new melee user- auto-title question

Post by samdav1469 »

hi, getting familiar with this good looking WP. I bought the current version 3.4.2 getting familiar with things and watched the auto title video (which may be dated). So i went to try it all out and in my version can only chapter title NOT title level1 (for Part 1 etc) mine is for chapter headers apparently.

Its not a big deal at the moment.. but when i get into a project and work toward a table of contents i don't think i'll have Part 1, ch 1... Part 2, ch1....etc

any info would be appriciated.

thanks

Sam

might as well ask while posting: what are the best methods to interchange between pages and Mellel? i have a 100 page doc in pages... is PDF the way to go? (it has some photos) and if need be is the inverse the way to go as well?

thanks for any tips
rpcameron
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: new melee user- auto-title question

Post by rpcameron »

Auto-Titles can be configured however you like. I personally do not care for the defaults; check out the Mellel Guide for an in depth explanation of Auto-Titles and their customization.

For interchange, your only real option is RTF.
— Robert Cameron
samdav1469
New to all this

Re: new melee user- auto-title question

Post by samdav1469 »

I see.

they just changed the way the titles are generated from how the training video presented. I got it and made a practice Part 1 and chapter 1 as well a practice table of contents.

thanks