inserting images?

Feature requests, and in-depth discussions of features and the way Mellel works

Moderators: Eyal Redler, redlers, Ori Redler

peter.malik
Already downloaded the guide

inserting images?

Post by peter.malik »

Hey folks,

For some reason, I'm having a hard time inserting the images into my Mellel document. What I mean is that I need to insert an image and retain its size, as it's a manuscript image and hence it needs to appear in a real-life size. But Mellel always inserts it smaller.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Pete
jannuss
Knows everything, can prove it

Re: inserting images?

Post by jannuss »

peter.malik wrote:Hey folks,

For some reason, I'm having a hard time inserting the images into my Mellel document. What I mean is that I need to insert an image and retain its size, as it's a manuscript image and hence it needs to appear in a real-life size. But Mellel always inserts it smaller.

Pete
Since no one else has taken this up, I'll offer my 2 cents worth -- hope I can be of some help

1. you can always resize an image in Mellel.
-- double-click on the image after you have inserted it on the page and reset both vertical and horizontal scales to 100%

2. now, the question is: why did Mellel reduce the size of the image in the first place?
I'm guessing this is going to be a page size/image size issue.
I'm guessing that you copied the full page from another document and that Mellel is trying to fit the page inside the margins of your current document.
If this is true, then the solution is simple, but a little awkward
-- insert a page style break before the image and set the new page parameters to no header/no footer/margins=0
-- insert your page image [it should now be the original size]
-- insert another page style break and return to your document's regular page parameters
The only major problem I see with this is page numbering which you will have to reset manually.

Janet
IrmaMarshburn
New to all this

Re: inserting images?

Post by IrmaMarshburn »

jannuss wrote:
peter.malik wrote:Hey folks,

Pete
Since no one else has taken this up, I'll offer my 2 cents worth -- hope I can be of some help

1. you can always resize an image in Mellel.
-- double-click on the image after you have inserted it on the page and reset both vertical and horizontal scales to 100%

2. now, the question is: why did Mellel reduce the size of the image in the first place?
I'm guessing this is going to be a page size/image size issue.
I'm guessing that you copied the full page from another document and that Mellel is trying to fit the page inside the margins of your current document.
If this is true, then the solution is simple, but a little awkward
-- insert a page style break before the image and set the new page parameters to no header/no footer/margins=0
-- insert your page image [it should now be the original size]
-- insert another page style break and return to your document's regular page parameters
The only major problem I see with this is page numbering which you will have to reset manually.

Janet
Your answer helped not only peter.malik, but me too. I used your instructions. Thanks for understandable points. It's great when people know everything and can prove it.